Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MISS CHEAH'S CAR TROUBLE






When I went to work this morning, I found that my car could not start as the battery had gone dead.  Silly me hWhen I went to work this morning, I found that my car could not start as the battery had gone dead.  Silly me had forgotten to switch off the headlights for the car last night.  So it was on for more than 10 hours.  And, one of the car tyres was also punctured. I called the school and informed Ustaz Lotpi, our senior assistant that I would be late for school.  I had also asked if Tuan Haji Hasnin could come and help me as I am hopeless with engines and tyres.  He came at around 8.20 a.m. after he finished teaching his Physical Education class.
Haji Hasnin managed to help me change the punctured tyre with the spare one but unfortunately he couldn't jumpstart the car engine.  Mind you, he made me do part of the work of changing the tyre and pushing the car.   So he took out the battery and sent it to the shop for recharging.  The guy at the shop said that it'd take until 3.00 p.m.  So I took a ride with him back to school and went back to the shop after school.
Unfortunately, the car battery was still weak after recharging and I had to buy a new one for RM180.  Two of my tyres also needed to be changed as they were in bad state.  I paid RM389 to have them replaced. 
The reason the car battery went dead was that I had been using it for more than 18 months and the two back tyres were in use for 3 years.  No one tampered with the battery or the tyres

No comments: