Wednesday, February 9, 2011

CONVALESCING AT HOME


Yesterday morning, I heard that Cikgu Zulkifli Ismail was being discharged from the TLDM Hospital and would be going back home.  I am sure like me, everyone at Vokasma would be worried and anxious to know how our Abang Zul is doing, right?  So, after school, Puan Kamariah Sulaiman and I went to his house to pay him a visit.
When we reached Cikgu Zul's house, he was the first to open the door after we rung the bell.  He and his wife welcomed us into their home.  Contrary to what I had expected, Cikgu Zul was looking less tired and fresher than when I saw him before the Chinese New Year holidays.  I am sure the dialysis treatment would have removed the toxins from his blood.  Both his kidneys were not functioning properly and that was why there was a build-up of toxins in his body which made him very ill.
Our senior assistant for co-curriculum would be on leave until Friday, 11th and hopefully would be coming back to school next Monday.  His wife told us that Cikgu Zul had a dialysis session this Friday.  At present, he has a temporary shunt fixed to his neck.  As can be seen the the above pictures, his neck is bandaged and the shunt is hidden from view.  He would most probably undergo surgery to have a more permanent shunt fixed to his arm.
We are looking forward to seeing Cikgu Zul back in school next week.

No comments: