Thursday, July 8, 2010

DON'T WORRY, IT'S ONLY THE CENSUS WORKER

When I went back home after work on Tuesday, my neighbour immediately came out from her house to inform me that there was a guy who had come to her house to ask for information.  As the old lady was not too proficient in the Malay language she got rather worried and was not able to answer the questions posed by the man.  From what she told me, I guessed that the man who came a-visiting was the census worker.
He came again yesterday evening and answers to the name Zul.   He told me that the census started on July 6th and he actually had problems getting information from my neighbour. With me he did not have much problem and managed to get the information in a jiffy.  I even offered to act as interpreter for the old Aunty.  The information would help the government in drafting policies and plans for the people's well-being.

No comments: