Thursday, May 19, 2011

WOW! SO MANY 1MALAYSIA LANTERNS




This was the scene that greeted me when I went to send the 7 1Malaysia lanterns to the district education office this morning.  The officers there were making sure that the lanterns were in good shape and also the light bulbs were working.  Encik Harith who is pictured in the second and third picture found a lot of lanterns which were poorly done.  Some had come apart and he and his colleagues had to repair them.  Some of the light bulbs were also not working.
I had to attend a briefing later in the afternoon to get more details about the opening ceremony for the Malaysian school sports. It was also during this meeting that the 20 school representing the Manjung district would collect 35 lanterns to bring along with them.  Instead of handing in the 7 lanterns I had brought along, I took back another 28.

No comments: