Sunday, May 29, 2011

BUYING PLANTS FOR THE HERB GARDEN

 When my friends ask me to suggest a treatment for them for wind and other common ailments, I would suggest using herbal plants as cures.  For herbal plants, I'd suggest boiling the leaves from edible fruit trees, citrus plants and zinzibers (ginger family) to be boiled for the medicinal baths.  To uplift the spirit, I'd suggest the citrus fruits like lemons, limes, kaffir limes and also leaves from these plants.
I'd also go and source for plants for the school herb garden at the Farmer's Market during the weekends to add to the garden. 
In the above pictures, I am pictured with one of my regular florists, Khairi @ Harry.  I get a lot of plants with him.  Yesterday morning, I bought a lemon plant and a Kayu Manis plant from him.  I also ordered from him a Vanilla plant.  He'd be bringing it for me next week.

When I was at the Farmer's Market, I met my student Fakhrurazzi and his family.  They operate a stall selling herbal medicine there.  In the above picture, you can see me with Fakhrurazzi and his two sisters

No comments: