Thursday, September 30, 2010

MOVING INTO NEW HOUSE
























I moved into my new house on Tuesday. I had to move in very quickly as the new owner of my rented house wanted to move in immediately. The former house owner gave me a week's notice to vacate the house when he sold it to the new owner. I really panicked as I did not get the keys to my new house and had to plead with the new owner to let me rent the place for another two months. Thank goodness they understood and agreed.

I received the keys to the house about three weeks ago and had to rush all the contractors to get the house ready. I had to move in on the 28th and made sure that I moved all my things out on the 29th. Today, I will hand the keys to the house to the new owner.

When I moved in I had a small housewarming ceremony and invited some of the teachers and staff. I could not invite everyone as I had to continue moving house immediately after the housewarming. As someone who believes in Feng Shui, I wanted to have the housewarming as the presence of people would give a burst of energy to the place.
God willing, I will be able to invite everyone to my house for Chinese New Year 2011.

No comments: